Congratulations on your decision to apply to the premier independent learning school in the Santa Clarita
In order to apply to Learning Post Academy, you must first submit the application. It is important that you ensure the document is completed accurately and in its entirety.
You are strongly encouraged to watch our informational video prior to applying to LPA, to make sure you have a clear understanding of how our Independent Study school operates and what the expectations are. Please do not submit an application unless you have watched the informational video and are certain about attending LPA.
Steps to Applying:
Click at the bottom of this page to access the application.
- Complete the application using the fillable application online.
- You can either use a digital signature, or you can print the application then sign it with your signature in pen.
- Once you have completed the application, you can submit it in any of the following ways
- Email to both: [email protected] and [email protected]
b. Fax it to: (661)-255-3801
c. Mail it to: 24825 N. Newhall Ave., Santa Clarita, CA 91321
Your application will be reviewed carefully, and you will be contacted by the counselor, registrar, or school office manager. Once it has been determined that Learning Post Academy is the proper placement, you will receive a confirmation of enrollment email. At that time you will be notified if additional enrollment forms are
Students with an IEP will have their application reviewed by our Special Education Department, and they will determine if the placement at LPA is appropriate, as well as coordinate any IEP meetings that might be necessary for enrollment.
Please include the following items WITH your application:
- IF you are not a current Hart District student, a copy of your most recent transcript(s) is needed. If
entering Jr. High, please include your most recent report card.
- IF your student has an IEP or a 504, please submit a copy with your application so we can ensure that we will be able to provide the necessary accommodations.
Additionally, if this is your student’s initial enrollment with the Hart District, the following documents must also accompany the application.
- Birth Certificate or Passport for your student
- Up-to-Date immunizations for your student
- Proof-of-residence document (such as a recent utility bill showing your name and address as part of the document).
*Please ask your current counselor to contact Learning Post Academy’s counselor with a recommendation.
- Students who are dually enrolled at a comprehensive site are expected to attend classes on a regular basis and to complete all assignments to the best of his/her ability. In order to maintain dual enrollment eligibility, students
must maintain satisfactory educational progress
- Parent/Student agrees to be in full compliance with the William S. Hart District Students Rights and Responsibilities summary. These can be found on the William S. Hart UHSD website.
All LPA graduates have the option to walk in the graduation ceremony of their residential school IF the student has dual enrollment at their residential school in the final/graduating semester. All LPA graduates, regardless of dual
enrollment status, will receive their high school diploma and official final transcript from Learning Post Academy.
After you have officially become a student in our school, we will work with you to develop an individualized academic schedule and identify additional resources and programs appropriate for your short and long-term academic and professional objectives. At that time, we will require additional paperwork to be completed by the parent and student, including a state-mandated Master Agreement (contract) for Independent Study students and other post-enrollment documents.
assigned comprehensive school site liaison during the term of the specific season.
participation in athletics, under the same conditions as with the Intra-district Transfer (IDT).